Because we can all lead plentiful lives
But sometimes things get in the way.
Special notice - COVID 19 and our Services
At Plentiful Life Counselling I am ensuring that I am up to date with any new developments and want to ensure the safety of clients, their families and the therapist. I have completed the COVID-19 Infectious Diseases training offered by the Australian Government to ensure I am putting in place the correct safety measures.
Counselling is seen as an essential service so I will be doing my best to continue to offer sessions. I recognise and understand the feelings of anxiety, distress and concern many people may be experiencing in relation to COVID-19. During this time it is important to look after yourself and engage your support systems.
I will be continuing to offer sessions. Where possible the sessions will be offered via Zoom Video Conferencing. However, I recognise that for some people video or telephone sessions are not possible or practical so I will continue to offer face to face sessions with the following precautions to minimise risks while I support you:
- There are more robust hygiene processes in place based on information provided by the World Health Organisation, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as the Australian Government Department of Health (www.health.gov.au).
- I continue to wash my hands between clients and sanitise surfaces.
- I expect clients will wash their hands before their session. There are bathrooms situated on the driveway (men’s toilet) and between the two buildings (women’s toilet). There is soap in the toilets but no paper towel as it keeps getting stolen. It is advisable to bring your own towel/paper towel for drying your hands after washing.
- If you are sick do not come to the appointment. Instead ring me before the appointment time and we can have the session over telephone or video conferencing.
- There will be no handshaking or getting closer than the advised 1.5 metre social distancing gap. I will be using Namaste as a greeting and goodbye instead.
- I will not be using the sand tray due to the difficulty of sanitising between clients. Instead the symbols will be used on an alternative surface. All symbols, including ones that are touched but not used, will be sanitised after the end of each session.
- I ask all clients to be open and honest in communicating about the following risks:
- Any travel overseas or interstate since 1 January 2020
- Any flu or cold like symptoms that are currently being experienced
- You have been instructed to self isolate or self quarantine.
- You have had contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Thank you for your understanding and patience during this time. I will continue to update you as changes happen and if further changes to sessions occur. Please feel free to contact me to discuss this further and let me know what your preference moving forward would be.
An opportunity to explore difficulties in life in a non-threatening, affirming, listening environment.
The Healing Space
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing.
Video call sessions
If you can't visit our rooms in Buderim, we can offer online counselling sessions.